College counseling begins the first day of freshman year. Our highly skilled counseling staff works with each student from the start, helping her to map out the road to college.
Maryvale students have access to an unmatched college counseling experience through the following:
- Ongoing support from the college counselor;
- ACT/SAT/PSAT preparation and testing practice;
- Frequent campus meetings/sessions with representatives from numerous colleges and universities;
- Appropriate guidance and assistance for students being recruited for college athletics
- Maryvale-sponsored and organized tours of regional colleges and universities;
- Preparation and business card creation for college fairs;
- Résumé writing through Maryvale’s Leadership Institute;
- A database of available academic programs, internships and camps at colleges and universities throughout the region;
- Access to the Maryvale Leadership Institute director, who can provide additional support and advocacy for students;
- A network of successful alumnae, who can assist Maryvale students with college advice/acceptance;
- And college-level courses (for college credit) during the senior year of qualified students.
Given the robust college counseling experience, it’s no surprise that 100 percent of Maryvale graduates attend a college or university.
Contact the Director
Director of College Counseling
For College Reps:
We look forward to welcoming you on campus to meet with our bright, motivated students. Please sign up through Hobson's Counselor Community to schedule your visit to Maryvale!
If you have problems signing up or cannot find a convenient time on the schedule, please contact Director of College Counseling Monica Graham at email@example.com or Julie Lanahan in the Reception Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Maryvale Students:
Dozens of college reps visit Maryvale every week. View the master schedule in Naviance under "Colleges" to help coordinate your meetings.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Graham.