Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your consideration of making a gift to Maryvale!
When you make a gift to the Annual Fund, we are able to further embrace our customized approach to education as we:
- Bridge the 20 percent gap between tuition and the actual cost of a Maryvale education;
- Equip classrooms with the latest technology and tools in education;
- Sponsor professional development opportunities for administrators and faculty members;
- Implement hands-on and innovative learning experiences for our students on campus, in the community and abroad; and ultimately...
fulfill our mission to educate young women for life.
- What is the Annual Fund?
- How much should I give?
- How should I designate my gift?
- When should I give?
- How do I make a gift?
- How is a gift to the Annual Fund different from an endowment or capital gift?
- What are my tax benefits of giving?
- How will I be recognized?
- Who can I contact if I have more questions?
The Annual Fund is the school's second largest revenue source behind tuition. Money raised through the Annual Fund helps offset the yearly operating expenses. Further, your annual gift to the school enhances the programs that offer our students the best opportunities to learn, lead and succeed … every day and every year. Your gift provides direct and immediate support to the school’s most compelling needs.
Unrestricted gifts are an invaluable source of direct support for the annual operating budget. Unrestricted donations give Maryvale the ability and flexibility to address critical needs and funding priorities as they arise each year. You may, however, restrict your gift to tuition assistance, technology, social justice programming, athletics, the arts or other programs that are meaningful to you.
To make a gift using VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, simply click here. Checks should be made payable to Maryvale Preparatory School. Donations of stock or bonds are another option. Please contact Michele Kogler, director of annual and reunion giving, at 410-308-8560 for more information or click here to learn more about ways to give to Maryvale.
A gift to the Annual Fund is put to work immediately, providing funding and support to programs and enhancements in the current year. A capital gift is typically a major gift that goes toward specific building projects or campaigns. A gift to endowment provides for long-term investments, creating a reliable source of future income for the school.
Contact the Director
Michele V. Kogler
Director of Annual and Reunion Giving
Donor Recognition Societies and Clubs
The Françoise Society
(Leadership Gifts of $1,250 or more)
$50,000 or more
$25,000 - $49,999
St. Julie Billiart Society
$10,000 - $24,999
$5,000 - $9,999
$1,250 – $2,499
Young Friends of the Françoise Society
A newly created leadership group that recognizes alumnae donors from the past 10 years who support the school with an annual gift of $500 or more.
Red and Grey Club