Parents and Alumnae for Inclusive Community
Parents and Alumnae for Inclusive Community, with the support of the administration and Ms. Kalea Selmon, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, will meet monthly to discuss diversity, equity and inclusion. The meetings are open to all parents and alumnae who are interested in this work.
November 2021 – May 2022
7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. At this time, all meetings will be held virtually.
- Tuesday, November 9
- Wednesday, December 8
- Tuesday, January 11
- Wednesday, February 9
- Tuesday, March 8
- Wednesday, April 6 (NOTE: this meeting is earlier in the month, due to Easter Break)
- Tuesday, May 10
Please contact Colleen Rives, group moderator, at email@example.com with questions, to RSVP and receive the Zoom link.
Want to learn more? Below are some resources our group has found useful to get you started.
- How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi https://www.ibramxkendi.com/how-to-be-an-antiracist
- Waking Up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
- Nice White Parents https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nice-white-parents/id1524080195
- 1619 Project https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/1619/id1476928106
- Teaching Hard History https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/teaching-hard-history/id1341785066
- Baltimore Racial Justice Action (BRJA) https://bmoreantiracist.org/work/for-the-community
- Coming to the Table Baltimore (CTTT) https://comingtothetable.org/organizer/md-baltimore/
- Maryland Lynching Memorial Project https://www.mdlynchingmemorial.org/
- Showing Up for Racial Justice - Baltimore (SURJ) http://www.surjbaltimore.org/