Parents and Alumnae for Inclusive Community
Parents and Alumnae for Inclusive Community, with the support of the administration and Ms. Kalea Selmon, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, will meet monthly to discuss diversity, equity and inclusion. The meetings are open to all parents and alumnae who are interested in this work.
(November 2021 – May 2022)
Meetings run from 7 to 8:30 p.m. At this time, all meetings will be held virtually.
- Tuesday, November 9
- Wednesday, December 8
- Tuesday, January 11
- Wednesday, February 9
- Tuesday, March 8
- Wednesday, April 6 (NOTE: this meeting is earlier in the month, due to Easter Break)
- Tuesday, May 10
Questions & RSVP
Please contact Colleen Rives, group moderator, at email@example.com with questions, to RSVP and receive the Zoom link.
Want to learn more? Below are some resources our group has found useful to get you started.
- How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Waking Up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
- How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith
- Nice White Parents
- 1619 Project
- Teaching Hard History
- Into the Depths from National Geographic (shares the stories of a group of Black divers looking for artifacts from shipwrecks of slave ships)