As an integral component of the Maryvale curriculum, the library supports the development of information literacy by helping students to define their information needs, select and gather their information from a variety of sources, and evaluate the quality of that information.
The Maryvale Preparatory School Library seeks to provide all students with exposure to information across all disciplines in both print and electronic formats. These information literary skills help to hone the skills necessary to become responsible, independent learners in college. Additionally, the library emphasizes the value of leisure-time reading.
The Library provides access to a comprehensive collection of curriculum-related print and electronic sources. These materials include circulating fiction and nonfiction books, reference books, eBooks, and online subscription databases. Students use their computers to access the electronic resources as well as work on classroom and homework assignments.
Services and Activities
The Maryvale Library provides a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the entire school community. These services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct research instruction to Middle and Upper School students
- Special programs throughout the year for both Upper and Middle School
- Maryvale Library Reading Challenge program
- Middle and Upper School Book Clubs
- Circulation of fiction and nonfiction books
- Access to Subscrition databases, eBooks, and LibGuides on campus and from home
- Access to Destiny, our web-based library automation system on campus and from home
- Individual assistance to students, as needed
- Orientation for all grades
- Infusion of technology during all phases of the research process
- Research projects are cooperatively planned and integrated into the curriculum in both Upper and Middle School
Maryvale's Library is nestled in the Great Hall of the Castle.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.