The Maryvale Preparatory School Library seeks to provide all students with exposure to information across all disciplines in both print and electronic formats. These information literary skills help to hone the skills necessary to become responsible, independent learners in college. Additionally, the library emphasizes the value of leisure-time reading.
The Library provides access to a comprehensive collection of curriculum-related print and electronic sources. These materials include circulating fiction and nonfiction books, reference books, eBooks, online subscription databases and the internet. Promethean Boards, laptop computers the students' iPads are used to access the electronic resources as well as work on classroom and homework assignments.
Services and Activities
The Maryvale Library provides a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the entire school community. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Direct research instruction to Middle and Upper School students
- Research projects are cooperatively planned and integrated into the curriculum in both Upper and Middle School
- Infusion of technology during all phases of the research process
- Orientation for all grades
- Individual assistance to students, as needed
- Access to Destiny, our web-based library automation system on campus and from home
- Access to Subscrition databases, eBooks, and LibGuides on campus and from home
- Circulation of fiction and nonfiction books
- Middle and Upper School Book Clubs
- Maryvale Library Reading Challenge program
- Special programs throughout the year for both Upper and Middle School