1) Registration Deadline: All students must be registered and paid in full by Monday, June 12. Register by Monday, May 8 and save $75 per course. Please note that all courses are subject to minimum enrollments. Courses with low enrollment will convert to a tutoring model.
- Monday, June 19 - Thursday, July 20 (no class on July 4).
- All classes will run Monday through Thursday and meet from 8 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. OR 10 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Students will be assigned to sessions based on availability and enrollment.
3) Course Offerings: We offer three types of classes during Summer Academy:
- Traditional: Classes take place in a regular classroom setting.
- Hybrid: Classes take place both in-person and online.
- Online: Classes take place in an online setting. No in-person meeting times are needed.
For the complete list of incoming Upper School student course offerings, please click here.
5) Payment: Please send all checks to Maryvale by Monday, June 12.
Maryvale Preparatory School
Attn: Summer Academy
11300 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093
Please write your child’s name on the memo line. All payments are non-refundable unless a course is canceled due to low enrollment.
- Students who miss more than two class days will not receive credit for the course. If this occurs, a student will not be able to return to Maryvale in the fall. Two tardies count as one absence. Please be on time for class!
- Students are expected to follow the guidelines set forth in the Maryvale Student Handbook with regard to appropriate behavior, etc.
7) Dress Code: Students are expected to be neat. The following items are NOT allowed: T-shirts with inappropriate wording or graphics, halter-tops or any strapless garment, spandex, shorts and cut-offs, or garments with spaghetti straps. Additionally, bare midriffs, sweatpants and any clothing with holes are not permitted. Closed-toe shoes are required. Bermuda shorts (knee-length) are acceptable. If a student arrives at school dressed inappropriately, she/he may be sent home to change or her/his parents may be called and requested to bring more appropriate attire to school for their child.
8) Contact: For questions, contact Dr. Victor Shin, upper school head and assistant head of school, at firstname.lastname@example.org.