Maryvale partners with CulinArt to provide a talented team of chefs and service professionals on campus every day to prepare fresh, healthy breakfasts and lunches as well as after-school menu items.
CulinArt presents an exciting array of meal choices to meet the tastes of everyone. Everything from comfort-style entrees and international cuisine to vegetarian and vegan meals, flatbread pizza, premium deli sandwiches, fresh salad greens and toppings, house-made soups, and a variety of freshly prepared and packaged sandwiches, salads and snack packs. We are especially excited to introduce an all-new salad bar, featuring fresh, local produce with a variety of toppings, and a deli station with made-to-order and chef’s featured sandwiches of the day.
At the root of CulinArt’s culinary philosophy are several core principles:
- Fresh, small batch cooking, just before service to ensure the best quality and eating experience.
- An emphasis on plant forward cuisine, including a lot of leafy greens, combinations of colorful produce and superfoods.
- A commitment to whole, minimally processed foods.
- Sustainable food sourcing, including cage-free eggs, non-GMO dairy, antibiotic-free chicken, local/organic produce (when available) and fair trade coffee.
- The highest standards of food safety through stringent safety and sanitation procedures, regular employee training, and HACCP compliance.
- Celebration of culinary heritage through traditional cooking techniques as well as modified healthier adaptations.
- Meal options to accommodate a wide range of tastes and dietary needs including vegan, vegetarian, gluten sensitive, etc.
Health and Wellness
In conjunction with Maryvale's health and wellness initiatives, CulinArt encourages all students to maintain a healthy lifestyle− one that incorporates wholesome, balanced food choices, regular exercise and an overall attention to living well. CulinArt’s Health and Wellness Department, including Culinary Nutritionists, Registered Dietitians and Certified Wellness Experts, oversees menu and recipe development. They will also visit with students and faculty to introduce healthful eating campaigns, like Sensational Superfoods, Power up with Plants and Eating for Energy.
CulinArt similarly understands that environmental stewardship is important to the educational development of students. Going beyond simply environmental awareness, CulinArt will be a true partner in Maryvale’s sustainability mission to be environmentally innovative, instructive, creative and proactive.
My Kids Spending
If you'd like your daughter to have the option of purchasing breakfast, lunch or snacks in our Dining Hall, you must register online with My Kids Spending and set up an account. Once funds are deposited online, your daughter may make purchases with a swipe of her student ID card. Your My Kids Spending account is a declining balance account. There are no cash transactions.
Please note that funding for the My Kids Spending Dining Services account is NOT included in your first semester tuition invoice.
Once an online account is established for your daughter, that account is active until your daughter graduates or leaves Maryvale. Complete instructions for establishing and reviewing your daughter’s account are detailed below.
Please note that all new registrations take five to seven business days to become active. After you complete the registration form, return to this web page in five to seven business days and try your login information with My Kids Spending.
- What is My Kids Spending?
- Why is Maryvale utilizing My Kids Spending?
- What are the benefits of using My Kids Spending?
- When can I start using My Kids Spending?
- How do I complete the registration process and what information will I need?
- Must I create an account with My Kids Spending?
- May I register with My Kids Spending after school opens?
- I noticed that there are transaction fees involved with online deposits. Why?
- Will I need to register with My Kids Spending every year that my daughter attends Maryvale?
My Kids Spending is a great opportunity for parents to manage their daughter’s dining account. Through a safe and secure website, parents are responsible for adding funds electronically to the account. The accounts are updated each night so parents can rest assured that funds will be available for the same delicious and nutritious meals the next school day.
Parents will be able to view their daughter’s purchases within 24 hours of a transaction - no waiting for a statement to be sent from Maryvale. Parents may add funds to the dining account at any time. Finally, parents with more than one daughter at Maryvale can set up My Kids Spending to manage both accounts through one username and password. You will be able to view all account activity at the same time. When you make deposits, your credit card charge or checking account deduction will be completed in one transaction.
Click here to begin the registration process for your daughter's My Kids Spending account. Complete the required fields and click "Submit." The process may take a few minutes and will generate a confirmation number and password. You also will receive an email confirmation detailing your login credentials. Please print this email for your records. You will need a current working email address.
Yes, if you wish for your daughter to be able to purchase any items from the Dining Room. Every parent is required to complete the registration process with My Kids Spending to establish a username and password. Before you can use this website, you must successfully register for an account. This will allow access to view your daughter’s transactions. All dining deposits must be made through the My Kids Spending website. Checks and cash sent to Maryvale will not be accepted.
Click "Menu" in the top navigation bar to view the weekly menu at Maryvale.
Dining Room Hours
7:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
10:55 a.m. - End of Scheduled Lunch
3 p.m. - 4 p.m.
*Please note that the hours of operation listed above are subject to change based on the day's schedule.