Maryvale partners with CulinArt to provide a talented team of chefs and service professionals on campus every day to prepare fresh, healthy breakfasts and lunches as well as after-school menu items.
CulinArt presents an exciting array of meal choices to meet the tastes of everyone. Everything from comfort-style entrees and international cuisine to vegetarian and vegan meals, flatbread pizza, premium deli sandwiches, fresh salad greens and toppings, house-made soups, and a variety of freshly prepared and packaged sandwiches, salads and snack packs. We are especially excited to introduce an all-new salad bar, featuring fresh, local produce with a variety of toppings, and a deli station with made-to-order and chef’s featured sandwiches of the day.
At the root of CulinArt’s culinary philosophy are several core principles:
- Fresh, small batch cooking, just before service to ensure the best quality and eating experience.
- An emphasis on plant forward cuisine, including a lot of leafy greens, combinations of colorful produce and superfoods.
- A commitment to whole, minimally processed foods.
- Sustainable food sourcing, including cage-free eggs, non-GMO dairy, antibiotic-free chicken, local/organic produce (when available) and fair trade coffee.
- The highest standards of food safety through stringent safety and sanitation procedures, regular employee training, and HACCP compliance.
- Celebration of culinary heritage through traditional cooking techniques as well as modified healthier adaptations.
- Meal options to accommodate a wide range of tastes and dietary needs including vegan, vegetarian, gluten sensitive, etc.
Health and Wellness
In conjunction with Maryvale's health and wellness initiatives, CulinArt encourages all students to maintain a healthy lifestyle− one that incorporates wholesome, balanced food choices, regular exercise and an overall attention to living well. CulinArt’s Health and Wellness Department, including Culinary Nutritionists, Registered Dietitians and Certified Wellness Experts, oversees menu and recipe development. They will also visit with students and faculty to introduce healthful eating campaigns, like Sensational Superfoods, Power up with Plants and Eating for Energy.
CulinArt similarly understands that environmental stewardship is important to the educational development of students. Going beyond simply environmental awareness, CulinArt will be a true partner in Maryvale’s sustainability mission to be environmentally innovative, instructive, creative and proactive.