Students can choose to follow a studio art centered path, a digital media/photography path or a combination of both. One full credit course is required in senior year in either AP Studio Drawing or AP 2D Design. A grade of B or higher in all art courses is required to continue in the track and receive the certification. In addition, students are expected to participation in the National Art Honor Society. All Art Scholars receive personal and individualized assistance preparing their portfolio for college submission.
Benefits of the Program
Art Scholars go on to pursue creative degrees in both art colleges and traditional universities. Benefits of the program include the priority placement in art courses, personal and individualized support and assistance with portfolio preparation for college submission, participation in regional and national art competitions, opportunities for special field trips and events. These students will graduate with a special distinction on their diploma indicating completion of the Art Scholars Program.
- 4 Full Credits of Art
- Grade of 88 or higher in all art courses
- AP Studio Drawing or 2D Design taken Senior year
- Participation in National Art Honor Society requiring minimum 8 service hours related to art
Colleges and universities our students have attended
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC
- University of Delaware – School of Design
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- George Washington University, Corcoran School of Art and Design
- University of Notre Dame