In accordance with Maryvale's philosophy, the following objectives are set forth for the academic program.
- Encourages integrity, resourcefulness and responsibility to foster personal growth;
- Maintains its small class size to enable students to learn and develop skills in a cooperative environment;
- Emphasizes pride, loyalty and friendship in an atmosphere of mutual respect among students, peers, faculty and administration;
- Challenge students with the excitement of learning and instills pride in academic success; and
- Provide sindividual academic guidance through the Advisory Program.
Computer Science A
English Language and Composition
English Literature and Composition
Physics C – Mechanics
Physics C – Electricity and Magnetism
US Government and Politics
Studio Art: 2D Design
Studio Art: Drawing
French Language and Culture
Spanish Language and Culture
To earn a diploma from Maryvale Preparatory School, a student must:
- Earn passing grades in all courses.
- Fulfill all community service requirements.
- Be enrolled in seven courses (consult the Course Description Handbook for specific requirements and course descriptions) each semester.
- Complete a minimum of 26 required credits, which are detailed below.
|English||4 credits - one per year|
|Fine and Performing Arts||1 credit|
|Mathematics||4 credits - Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II/Trigonometry and one elective|
|Physical Education||1 credit|
|Science||3 credits - Biology, Chemistry and one elective|
|Servant Leadership||70 community service hours for graduation|
|Social Studies||3.5 credits - Introduction to Social Sciences, World History, U.S. History|
3 credits - French or Spanish for three consecutive years