College counseling begins the first day of freshman year. Our highly skilled counseling staff works with each student from the start, helping her to map out the road to college.
Maryvale Upper School students have access to an unmatched college counseling experience through the following:
- Ongoing support from the college counselor;
- ACT/SAT/PSAT preparation and testing practice;
- Frequent campus meetings/sessions with representatives from numerous colleges and universities;
- Appropriate guidance and assistance for students being recruited for college athletics
- Maryvale-sponsored and organized tours of regional colleges and universities;
- Preparation and business card creation for college fairs;
- Résumé writing through Maryvale’s Leadership Institute;
- A database of available academic programs, internships and camps at colleges and universities throughout the region;
- Access to the Maryvale Leadership Institute director, who can provide additional support and advocacy for students;
- A network of successful alumnae, who can assist Maryvale students with college advice/acceptance;
- And college-level courses (for college credit) during the senior year of qualified students.
Given the robust college counseling experience, it’s no surprise that 100 percent of Maryvale graduates attend a college or university. Click here to see a list of colleges to which Maryvale students have been accepted.