1) Applicants are encouraged to spend a "shadow day" at Maryvale with a student hostess. Shadow days and personal interviews are conducted late September through mid-January. Click here to schedule your visit!
2) The Admissions Application, Applicant Questionnaire and Parent Questionnaire should be completed and mailed to the Admissions Office, with the accompanying $50 application fee and recent photograph of the applicant, by January 4, 2013.
3) The Request for Transcript should be provided to the applicant's current school after the close of the first grading period, granting permission to provide Maryvale with grades, report cards and comment sheets from the previous three years and any/all standardized test scores. Please note: Catholic School students in grade 8 do not need to submit a Request For Transcript IF you have indicated Maryvale as a recipient on the Archdiocese of Baltimore Catholic High School Information Form.
4) Common Referral Form are to be completed by your daughter’s current teachers after the close of the first grading period. Completed forms should be mailed from the school directly to Maryvale’s Admissions Office. Please note: Catholic School students in grade 8 - the Archdiocese of Baltimore Catholic High School Information Form replaces the Common Referral Form and contains a referral section that is completed by your current school.
5) Applicants for grade 9 are required to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT). Testing will be conducted on both December 1 and December 18. Maryvale will administer the HSPT on Saturday, December 8, 2012. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Testing begins promptly at 9 a.m. and concludes at noon. There is a $30 fee for the HSPT, payable at the time of registration. HSPT sites for both dates can be found at http://www.archbalt.org/schools/highschool-information/admissions-testing.cfm.
6) Students applying for Middle School (grades 6, 7 or 8) are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Information about dates, sites and registration can be found at http://www.iseetest.org/.
Once complete, each applicant's file is reviewed by the Admissions Committee. After careful consideration the committee will make a recommendation to accept an applicant for admission, place her in an admissions “wait” pool, defer a decision for further review or deny admission. All applicants will be notified by mail on Friday, February 15, 2013.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Monica Graham, Director of Admissions, via email or at 410-308-8530.
Maryvale Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion and/or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational, admissions or employment policies and scholarship, and athletic and other school administered programs.